Permanent, Full Time
Join a leader and make a difference! Quality Chain Canada is a leader in providing innovative tire protection and traction products and solutions that enhance the safety, agility, and ability for our customers to navigate in the roughest terrains throughout Canada, the USA and globally. QCC has a corporate culture that embodies an ideal balance between our social responsibility, customers and employees’ well-being, and developing great products. This winning combination makes working at QCC an exciting and rewarding experience.
We currently have an opening for an Intermediate Accountant at our Surrey, BC office.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Working within the accounting department, the Intermediate Accountant will be primarily responsible for accounting duties that include, accounts payable and receivable, month, quarterly and annual reporting, budgeting, and journal entry review, while assisting the accounting team, admin, sales, and purchasing departments with their accounting needs. Working with leadership this position has a great opportunity to grow and foster an accounting career, which we encourage and support.
The Intermediate Accountant will be responsible for the following areas:
- Overseeing the account receivable and account payable
- Preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports
- Preparing annual financial reports and budget documents
- Analyzing financial reports and records
- Reviewing journal entries of junior accountants to ensure accuracy
- Training and mentoring junior staff
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Assisting with financial and tax audits
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other departments
- Producing Ad-hoc reports as requested
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong familiarity with accounting software and programs
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft suite of products (Microsoft 365, Power Pivot, Power Query, Power BI)
- College certificate/diploma from an accounting/business program and a desire to advance their accounting credentials
- Great attitude, positive, willingness to learn, and looking to advance.
Quality Chain Canada is in the safety business. We provide the means to enhance the safety and protection of those driving hazardous wintery roads through our majestic mountain passes, taking their machines into rugged terrain off the beaten path or as they navigate through the harsh landscapes.
We develop and deliver solutions that allow our customers the flexibility to safely traverse tricky territories and environments by providing products that primarily focus on Traction Tire Chain for the forestry, mining, commercial, construction or consumer sectors.
We constantly strive for product perfection and create new products that pair well with our core business. Our best-in-class customer service stretches across Canada, USA, and emerging markets overseas, that meets our customer’s changing needs. Our products are designed in-house and built to our strict quality control measures.
We are a creative and passionate team at QCC. We believe in teamwork, personal growth, superb customer service, and continuous improvement. What makes us ‘TIC’? It is what we strive towards daily. Teamwork, Integrity, and Communication are the core values by which we live, and we pride ourselves on our People, Diversity, and our Customers. We have big company ambitions with small company agility. This allows us the flexibility to meet the demands of an ever-changing world.
The QCC team is a family who is passionate about our company, each other, and our purpose of helping to make the world a better, safer place. We invite you to join us. We offer an attractive and competitive compensation package, including pay-for-performance incentives, professional development opportunities, savings programs, group health benefits, family-friendly policies, and flexible work options. If you would like to be a part of a family rather than just a number, join our team and start on a journey you will not regret!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. The successful candidate will be required to work out of our office in Surrey, BC.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.